Manual Property Image Editing for Carolina Based Real Estate 3D Tour Provider
The Client – North Carolina Based Real Estate 3D Tour Company
The client specializes in providing 3D real estate tours in several popular markets throughout numerous counties in North Carolina. Additionally, they also offer their customers professional photography services and aerial image services.
They utilize a powerful and cutting-edge camera known as Matterport 360 to create their tours while Canon DSLR professional grade cameras and drones are used to provide the other services. Their mission is to provide real estate professionals with the ultimate marketing package for selling their homes. Finally, the even offer their services for commercial builders and corporate spaces.
Real Estate Image Editing Project Requirements
The client needed help with their growing list of real estate clients, so they searched online for a reputable firm to outsource their photo editing requirements. They found Smart Photo Editors (SPE) and presented the following needs:
- All photos needed to be edited manually using Photoshop.
- Then the photos would need to be plugged into Lightroom and automatically edited.
- The background sky in the images needed to be replaced.
- Outsource provider had to be able to work with a volume of 1000 images within 24 hours.
Challenges Faced During This Project
There were a couple of challenges to this project, the first being the volume of real estate images that needed to be edited. But SPE were able to meet this demand head-on by assigning multiple experts to this project.
The biggest challenge was deciding on the quality of outputs. They sent two types to the client as a trial – one automated and one manual.
Customized Step-by-Step Real Estate Image Editing Process for the Client
SPE knew that the key to delivering such a large volume of photo editing was to streamline the process as much as possible. So, an essential step was to create this step-by-step process.
- We started by speaking with the client to discuss the requirements in detail. Then we formulated this plan and presented it to them for approval.
- In order to meet the requirements, we assigned 4 experts to this real estate image editing project.
- We received the images and then put them into our photo editing tools to manually adjust the following factors:
- Shadows and Highlights
- Color Correction
- Lens and Perspective Adjustment
- Adjusted Levels
- Noise Reduction
- Sky Replacement to Exterior Images
- White Balancing
- Adjusted Tone
- Straightening (Vertical and Horizontal)
- TV Replacement to Interior Images
- Added Fire to Fireplaces in Interior Images
- Once the photos had been edited, we saved them into JPEG format and sent them to the client for approval.
Client Benefits Exceeded all Expectations
The client had an overall cost savings of 65% and they were able to free up internal resources toward the development of their important 3D tours. SPE was able to edit a huge volume of images in a short amount of time. In return, SPE earned the respect and continued service requests from the client.