Aerial Videography Company in the UK Outsources Drone Imaging Stitching to Smart Photo Editors
The Client: An Aerial and Ground Filming Specialist
The client is a London, UK based specialist in aerial and ground filming and photography. The company has been in the business for over two decades and specializes in ground and aerial filming, aerial photography, full video productions, post production and 360° virtual tours. The company is one of the few in the British isles permitted to use a combination of high-end remote controlled cars, UAVs (drones), camera stabilizing gimbals, telescopic masts and flylines (cable cam).
The Business Situation
The client called upon Smart Photo Editors (SPE) to help stitch drone photos of a golf course in the town of Battle, some 55 miles south southeast of London. The client had panorama shots that needed to be converted into virtual tour. The client also wanted to point ‘hot spots’ in the virtual tour to help take people to the ground level to show them restaurant, shop, bar, putting green, driving green and lodge within the golf course.
The Client Wish
The client had two requests for SPE:
- The client wanted accurate results. The virtual tour should look real with images stitched to perfection. Even a slight deviation would make the virtual tour look bad and unprofessional.
- The client requested us for a three dimensional wide field virtual tour with a way to navigate through its content— meaning helping the viewer move horizontally and vertically.
The SPE Solution
Only a few photo editing service providers along with Smart Photo Editors in the world have the capability to bring together drone panoramas into virtual tour.
- SPE used a combination of PTGui and Autopano Giga software to deliver flawless output that’s expected to meet client requirements.
- It took one SPE editor only 2.5 hour to create the virtual tour.
Results: Accurate and On-Time Delivery
For the client this project exceeded his expectations with the following results:
- SPE delivered the tour with 100% client satisfaction.
- With SPE’s support, the client built a process to acquire more customers for his aerial photography business due to enhanced imagery.
- The client established an offshore delivery team that is highly professional with technical knowhow.