Phone photography used to be a joke, but that was because the cameras on phones were just so bad that they had to be viewed in low resolution. Smartphones had one fixed lens and really bad performance in low light conditions. Now we’ve seen that change drastically. Mobile phones are able to shoot pictures in RAW format and have the storage capacity to store those large images. You can even have different lenses for your phone, making cell phone photography much more viable.
Imagine using it as a business owner. You are able to take pictures of your new products for your catalog without having to schedule a photographer. Entrepreneurs also have access to breathtaking photos to share on social media right at their fingertips.
Though photoshop enabled image editing service can be the best option to showcase products or service portfolios effectively, here are a number of cell phone photography tips to guide you through some of the best ways to capture the best business photos from your smartphone.
Why Smart Phone Photography Is Getting Popular
Mobile photography’s popularity is the direct result of convenience. Most entrepreneurs already own a high-quality phone, so it’s a convenient option since the bottlenecks that used to be associated with phone photography have been removed. There are powerful apps that also make them even more powerful.
What Businesses Can Do with Camera Phone Photography
Photography takes on many different forms that business owners need to understand before they can start snapping pictures with their smartphones.
Sometimes the best images have no subject at all but are focused on some form of abstract design. This type of photography focuses on raw emotion rather than a center of focus. Think about the intangibles rather than a subject.
One example might be an extreme close-up of a new product, so close that focuses only on the texture. Businesses have used this type of abstract as a buildup to a product reveal.
Under certain circumstances, abstract photography can lead to some amazing shots. But always keep in mind that you are losing an important part of the image, so what’s left must be able to draw an emotional response.
The next type of mobile phone photography involves taking pictures with miniature figures. This has been a time-tested practice and even incorporated into the filming of the movie. Today, photographers are using this style to grab some truly unique photos. For instance, a landscaping business might use a miniature landscape to capture photos of yard landscapes for their website.
The goal is to scale miniatures in a way so that you are building a true-scale model of real objects or creating realistic scenes. You’ll be trying to showcase either a lifelike scene or a landscape scene that exhibits emotion.
Portrait photography is probably the most popular technique today, and it’s one that can be practiced by anyone with a smartphone. These types of photos are important if you want to add a personal touch to your business. Portraits of your teams are highly advised for websites and promotional materials because they connect with the audience.
In the past, these annual portraits would require a professional photographer and could be quite costly. With the emergence of phone photography, you’re able to do this in-house. Imagine being able to introduce your entire team to an audience without having to spend a fortune.
Product photography is the most popular tool for businesses showcasing their products to the world. Whether it’s through posters, billboards, or brochures, the foundation is always the quality of the photo being displayed. In the past, businesses would hire expensive photographers and have to schedule these sessions. But phone photography provides another option that has far fewer headaches.
In the instance of e-Commerce photography, the image is even more important because it’s the only thing buyers will see. It needs to convey the same detail as if they were in the store looking at it. Think of product images as proof that your products meet the quality promise in the description.
Still Life Photography
Still, life and product photography go hand-in-hand, but there are other types of still images that could work for your business. Still, life images of your customer service team in action could build trust on your website.
Play around with lighting and angles to capture the best still images possible. Try going through the office every day and take a few pictures without your teams noticing.
The point here is that businesses are able to do this in-house now, so they don’t need to cut into their profits by hiring a professional photographer. Even having the photos edited by a professional service is a lot more affordable than bringing in a photographer.
Instead of playing around with miniatures to create the appearance of a landscape, some business owners might want to take a gander at the real thing! Smartphones present an amazing opportunity to capture truly breathtaking photos of landscapes for business use. If your business invests in an aesthetically pleasing landscape, then why not show it off to your digital audience? If you want to convey an emotional reaction from an audience, then a majestic view of the countryside might do wonders.
Even drones now incorporate mobile compatible technology so that the two can be combined. The possibilities are endless, and business owners have no reason to invest in expensive cameras anymore when smartphones have the potential to capture high-quality shots.
Follow These Additional Phone Photography Tips to Add a Professional Touch
Now it’s time to start putting everything together so that your business can reap the most rewards from phone photography. Here’s how entrepreneurs are adding that professional touch to their photos.
- For starters, make sure you are choosing the right environment and backdrop for photo shoots, so you convey the right emotion.
- Take the extra time to set up the proper lighting when doing product shoots. Ensure that you plan for shadows and glare.
- Outdoor shots must be done while paying attention to potential reflections or other things that might distract the viewer from the focus.
- Invest in a tripod for your phone photography sessions so that you eliminate shake and other potential problems.
- If your smartphone has the ability to use additional lenses, then invest in a few for different types so you can snap different types of pictures.
- Use the gridlines setting on your phone so that photos are following the “rule of thirds.”
- Shoot from different angles and find unique perspectives. You can always choose to keep or discard images, so don’t be afraid of shooting too many.
Choose the Perfect Accessories for your Phone Photography
Before we wrap up this guide on phone photography, we need to look at some of the important accessories you’ll need to invest in if you’re going to get professional-level photos.
- Right camera with decent lens power and features Choose the best phone for photography so that it shoots pictures in RAW format. It also needs the space to hold these large files.
- Tripod for non-shaky images Invest in a tripod to remove the potential for shaky images.
- Remote shutter control Remote shutter control to remove the possibility of shaking while pressing the button to snap a photo.
- Mobile clip Lenses – Clip Lenses for mobile photography will prepare you for any type of photo you want to capture. The lenses available include the fisheye lens, wide-angle lens, telephoto lens, and microlens, etc.)
- Phone led panel for extra light At many occasions, light brings the biggest difference
- Lens hoods – Lens hoods help prevent rain, excessive light exposure, etc.
- Portable battery pack An additional battery pack will help you shoot for hours without worrying about the
- Additional and external Storage Storage is another important accessory that is needed for secure permanent storage or while temporarily transferring it to other systems.
- Microfiber cleaning Microfiber cleaning cloth so that you can keep unwanted debris off of your camera lens.
Consider Parting with an Image Post Processing Professional for Best Results
Camera phone photography is actually a two-step process that consists of the actual photo session and then the post-processing. The latter is where photos are really brought to life. In fact, post-processing is the most important part of photography. Businesses have two options available to handle post-processing.
- They can do it in-house. This requires investing in software, training personnel, and then investing time into processing photos.
- Delegate this task to a professional photo editing company. These teams will have the tools and skillset to breathe life into photos.
For all your image post-processing requirements, you can choose Smart Photo Editors (SPE). With a vast range of image editing services, such as photo manipulation, image clipping, virtual staging, Photoshop services, and more, SPE specializes in post image processing and offers services at an affordable cost. Let us transform your amazing pictures into a memorable experience for your customers. Contact us today to get started.
– Smart Photo Editors